Friday, November 16, 2012

Fingers Crossed

For the first time in a long time, this seems to be clicking. I've made going to Weight Watchers a priority and I've lost 12.2 lbs. I have hit my 5% and am hoping to hit my 10% by New Years. I'm hesitant to say that this time will be "it" but I honestly think that I can do it. I know that I have the power to succeed and all the right tools - it's just up to me to use them.

What's different this time? For one, my sister and one of my best friends are going with me. It's nice having that safety net there for days that I'm feeling week. I live with my sister and it's been really helpful to actually be in a house where nearly all the food is healthy. We have tried quite a few new recipes and have made eating more about preparing the food and really savoring it. We've tried South African style bulboti (a sweet meat pie), bacon-fried cabbage (OMG all the points come from the bacon so it's really not that bad - 3pp for a serving but it tastes like a treat), cinnamon rolls (kind of a flop - definitely tasted diet), Mexican pork tostadas with spiced sour cream (holy yum) and a garlicky white pizza with ricotta, bacon, and spinach. Next week I'm going to make a lightened up version of my favorite Indian dish - paneer masala.

Funny story - after weight in each Friday, my sister and I have been going for one cheat meal for the week. It's our way of normalizing this - no food it totally off limits, some just have to be enjoyed in moderation. But, we still ALWAYS track our cheat food. How else will we lose weight? For the most part, we both dip into our weekly points on those days but figure that's what there for. Last friday, my sister chose Red Robin for our cheat meal. I picked the A1 peppercorn burger which is what I always used to get with a diet freckled lemon. I ate my whole burger, half of my fries, and 1 1/2 lemonades. Afterwards when I was looking up the PPs, HOLY COW the burger by itself was 40 points!!! I only get 33 a day to begin with! Half the fries was 5 and each lemonade was 2 so 3 for the lemonade total. Yes folks, that is 48 points for one meal!

The bad part is that the meal was our lunch. I had to close at work that night and got hungry for lunch. My lunch break wasn't that long so running to Subway wasn't an option. I was feeling pretty crummy for my previous choices, so what do I do? Have a piece of pumpkin bread. Yep. I ate 66 points in one day. That's exactly double my daily allowance!

I'm weighing in today and this has honestly been one of the toughest weeks yet. On Tuesday, I knew I was going to be gone from 7:30 AM - 11 PM so I planned ahead and packed lunch, dinner, and snacks. I was feeling great and had eaten nearly all my packed food when a regular at works who owns a pizza shop called and said he was bringing us a pizza. His pizza is legit NY style deliciousness and I couldn't resist. I wasn't even hungry! The temptation was just too great and I ate two slices. Boom. Now I am officially over my weekly allowance. Let's hope that I at least stay the same on the scale this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment