Saturday, July 7, 2012

The past is the past

Today's question on the blog challenge: if you could live in any time period of the past, when would it be and why?

This is a toughie...I'm not really sure! For no reason other than the dresses, I pick the 1950's.

I met half of one of my goals tonight! I tried taco cupcakes from a recipe that's been floating around Pinterest. I lightened it up even more and each cupcake came to 123 calories. I had three for dinner (they were kind of on the small side) with some low fat sour cream. They were really good except for the fact that I got preoccupied watching Drop Dead Diva and let them get a little too well done.

I also mowed the lawn tonight which definitely counts as exercise in my opinion. I live on top of a hill and it's a serious workout pushing the push mower up and down the hill! I did half of the lawn tonight and I'll do the other half tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Salem Fair with my friend Amanda. I'm excited yet apprehensive. The number one thing that I'm scared about - am I too fat for the rides? I LOVE roller coasters - LOVE them. If I went to get onto a ride and they told me I was too large/heavy, I would be mortified. I'd probably cry and then want to eat all the fair food. I guess we'll see. I'm excited for my favorite treat in the whole world - cotton candy! If I had access to it, I'd take cotton candy over any sweet all the time. Ice cream, cupcakes, candy, froyo - they all pale in comparison to the deliciousness of cotton candy. And the plus side - it's relatively low caloric wise. I know, I know. Absolutely no nutritional value. But it's not something that I eat often so I'm totally fine budgeting it in. My plan is to eat before the fair and then only have cotton candy and a lemonade (only if they have the splenda version).


0 comments:

Post a Comment