Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Recovering After A Binge

Last Thursday was awful for me. I was at an absolute low and I have no idea what brought it on. I woke up and all I could think about was the food. I binged and then felt miserable. My stomach was in a massive state of discontent and I didn't eat anything for the rest of the day. My eating the rest of the weekend was awful. I ate a very large dinner at Olive Garden on Friday night and although it was delicious, I was miserably full the whole night.

Saturday I worked in the morning and then drove the hour and a half to my parents house for a cookout. Before I left work, I made myself a vanilla bean frappucino which is basically like a vanilla milkshake. At the cookout, we had salad, corn on the cob, NY strip steaks, grilled onions, and homemade eclairs. Delicious and had the potential to be healthy, but of course I ate too much.

I left home at 4:30 the next AM to go to work. I stopped at Sheetz to get something to eat and got a pretzel melt with roast beef. Not the worst choice but not the best choice. My boss wanted me to go around to local businesses to do sampling of our new refreshers so I ended up eating at Olive Garden AGAIN. For dinner I ate pancakes. Lots of butter.

I woke up yesterday with full intentions on getting back on track. I had a healthy breakfast and then went to the grocery store to get healthy groceries. My sister called me to see if I wanted to go to lunch and use up a Groupon. We went to Slouvaki's in Blacksburg to get gyros. Afterwards, my sister told me that she was starting the healthy eating plan tomorrow (which is now today) and that she was gonna go get cookies at our favorite place - Crumb and Get It. So I went with her.

Now it's Tuesday and I'm for real starting again. This morning I had coffee with FF half and half, an omelette, and fruit. I'm making a pinterest dinner of chicken baked with sauteed garlic and brown sugar. I made some AAMAZING homemade ranch dressing with FF buttermilk and greek yogurt. It tastes like drippy restaurant ranch and it only 60 calories for 2 tbsp. The key to it is to use regular full fat mayonnaise. It's just enough to give it some fat/flavor.

I downloaded a Couch 2 5K app. I'm planning on trying that tonight after work and dinner. Here we go again!







0 comments:

Post a Comment